[WEB4LIB] Lovers of Fortress Convince Me

Jodi Thomson jodi at waikato.ac.nz
Mon Aug 5 17:05:04 EDT 2002

We had the same problem and resolved it by deleting all the files from
and then removing all NTFS permissions, including those of SYSTEM and
ADMINISTRATORS, from the \Program Files\Outlook Express directory. You
will have to uncheck the 'Allow inheritable permissions....' box also.
In this way when they select 'New Message', etc from IE it comes up with
a message saying it can't find 'Outlook Express'
I can forward a copy of our Group Policy for Public Access machines if
wanted

Regards
Jodi

Jodi W. Anderson (Mr) A+, MCP - Computer Systems Consultant
Waikato University Library - Computing Operations Group
Ph: +64 7 838 4323
email: jodi at waikato.ac.nz

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before."