[WEB4LIB] Statistics report site

Eric Hellman eric at openly.com
Thu Apr 11 22:21:57 EDT 2002

We use Analog (http://www.analog.cx/), which will produce this type
of report without a lot of fuss. Runs on all platforms.

Centralizing the collection of a library's usage reports is a Good
Thing. Did you realize you can use the same server logs to monitor
usage of some remote resources? If a resource lets you put your
library logo on their result pages (FirstSerch is one example), then
you can put a code on the image URL that will help you track usage of
the pages it gets displayed on. I call these "measuring stick gifs"
because you can make controlled measurements with them (unlike
reports you get from vendors - which are sweet but provide no
nourishment).

Eric

--
Eric Hellman