[WEB4LIB] linking

Eric Hellman eric at openly.com
Fri Apr 26 10:57:05 EDT 2002

>Looking for a way to provide one stop searching for our serials: print ( =
>in OPAC),=20
>e-journals subscriptions and full text journals in databases. We are =
>investigating TDNet
>  and Serials solutions.=20
>
>Before making any decision should we look at 1cate Link Server and =
>journal Seek products
>(which I don't understand much yet)?

yes!

>Or are these two separate service =
>types.

My *completely* biased yet ecumenical rundown of the current contenders.

Serials Solutions- a journal list product, very good at what they do.
JournalWebCite- a hosted journal list and serial search sevice, lots
of handy features
1Cate- hosted OpenURL linking and title listing service, I blush if I say more
TDNet- comprehensive journal article portal product/service
SFX- sfxy OpenURL linking product, just adding a-z lists.
LinkFinderPlus- OpenURL linking product from Endeavor
ZPortal with OpenLinking - MetaSearch plus OpenURL linking web gateway product.

Eric
--
Eric Hellman

Openly Informatics, Inc.