Page validation question

Robert Sullivan scp_sulli at sals.edu
Mon Apr 8 13:46:44 EDT 2002

>The actual cause is an inline element directly within the body
>element.  In strict XHTML the content model for body only allows block
>elements.  Put the <br /> within one of the <div> tags.

This does indeed fix the problem, but it doesn't come out the way I had
intended.  If I put it at the end of the first <div>, I see no break in IE6.
If I put it at the beginning of the second <div>, it breaks but puts the space
inside my navigational menu, so that I have a double-height box with an empty
top half.

Is there another way of handling this?

Bob Sullivan                               scp_sulli at sals.edu
Schenectady County Public Library (NY)     http://www.scpl.org