[WEB4LIB] NT Webserver Security?

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 29 23:58:40 EST 2001

Mike,

Here's one that I've always liked and is fairly up-to-date:

http://www.shebeen.com/iis4_nt4sec.htm

Of course, there is also the official MS list:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/iischk.asp

You might want to also look at this one - I haven't used it:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/iis4cl.asp
It looks like a shorter version of the previous link.

Also, look at the new Lockdown Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/locktool.asp

I'll leave the jokes about IIS and security for others.
:)

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library