[WEB4LIB] Re: database links within frame

Rachel Singer Gordon rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Tue Oct 16 15:05:30 EDT 2001

Also think about the usability of this -- some of the Gale databases,
at least, already use up a big chunk of the left side of the screen
for their own menus. If you put their databases inside a frame you
have very little room left for the actual content on the right-hand
side after your frame and their navigation. Think of us poor schlubs
who still have 15" monitors :).

- Rachel

>> Looks like I said that wrong. An example of what I mean would be a
>> link in a left-hand frame causes the linked site to appear in a
>> right-hand frame. Gives the illusion of still being at the
>library's
>> web site.

---
Rachel Singer Gordon / rsinger at linc.lib.il.us
Head, Computer Services / Franklin Park Library
http://www.franklinparklibrary.org
http://www.lisjobs.com
---