Fireworks oval tool - an operator problem?

Joan K. Graham grahamjo at oplin.lib.oh.us
Fri Oct 12 09:05:21 EDT 2001

All who have been there and done that:

I'm working on a revision of our site's children's section (ignore the
text, don't have content from everyone yet) and I think the StarkKids
graphic, made with Fireworks, looks OK, but the rollovers definitely
need improvement. Our committee members like ovals. When I draw ovals
with the oval tool in Fireworks, I can't seem to get a smooth outline. I
don't notice my hand shaking as I drag the mouse. I want a beveled edge;
however, since the oval is not shaped smoothly, the edge doesn't look
good, either. I used the Export Wizard, but it couldn't fix the uneven
oval shape. If I could solve this primary problem, I could create one
good oval and edit it to make the others. Has anyone had this happen,
and know how to draw the oval right in the first place? TIA.
J. Graham