Question on Window 2000 user profile

plim plim at ccsf.org
Thu Oct 11 21:01:13 EDT 2001

Hi all,
Our PCs are running from a Windows 2000 server as clients,
and we gave each PC a user/station logon name, that means we
don't log them on as administrator. We don't want the PCs to
have screen saver because students think that the PCs are
off and try to reboot the computers, when they see nothing
on the monitor. But we can't figure out how to disable the
screen saver from activating. We set the admin profile to
"Never" activate the screen saver, but it doesn't work, so
we tried to modify the user profile, which is set at 20 min,
but the system won't allow us to make any modification (the
error code is  "Access Denied." We tried to set screen saver
to disable mode in the "User Configuration" under "Group
Policy," but it still doesn't help. I wonder if someone who
is using Windows 2000 can help us with this.

Thank you.

Kim Lim
Skyline College Library