[WEB4LIB] RE: NT Webserver Security?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Oct 30 08:53:08 EST 2001

> Well I recommend buy the following book "Securing Windows NT/2000
Servers:
> for the Internet" by Stefan Norberg.  ISBN 9781565927681, its an
O'Reilly.
> I also recommend ditching IIS.  Apache on Win32 is pretty sweet.  I know
> apache.org says it's experimental but I have been experimenting for two
> years on some servers with some fairly high load.

Hear, hear!  Saying Apache for Win32 is "not as stable as the UNIX
version" is like saying it's not as solid as a block of granite.  Unless
you're planning to trick out Apache with every convoluted directive under
the sun, it will do what you need, including--saints forfend!--ASP.

BTW, does anyone know the timeline for Apache 2.0?  It's been in beta
forever.  That's the version that's really focusing on other-than-Unix
platforms.

☮
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu