NYT Article: Pornography Takes Over Financial Site for Children

treed at clearwater-fl.com treed at clearwater-fl.com
Fri Oct 26 09:14:24 EDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15E20.21DEBA36

Happy Friday All!

This NYT article pretty much says everything everyone has said on this issue
before...but for kicks and giggles, I figured I'd pass it on anyway.  It's a
pretty good read.

-tracey

"Visitors to a financial Web site for children this week were in for a
shock: the math-and-money game they expected to find had been replaced by a
pornography site.

The money game, which is still accessible at Moneyopolis.com, was produced
by Ernst & Young, the auditing and consulting company. An Ernst & Young
spokesman, Kenneth Kerrigan, said the company had learned this week that
pornographic images had been posted at an alternate Web address for the
site, Moneyopolis.org, which has been under new ownership since this
summer."

Read more:
 http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/26/technology/26NET.html?todaysheadlines
 <<Pornography Takes Over Financial Site for Children.url>>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15E20.21DEBA36

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>NYT Article: Pornography Takes Over Financial Site for Children</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Happy Friday All!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>This NYT article pretty much says everything everyone has said on this issue before...but for kicks and giggles, I figured I'd pass it on anyway.&nbsp; It's a pretty good read.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-tracey&nbsp; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp;</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>&quot;Visitors to a financial Web site for children this week were in for a shock: the math-and-money game they expected to find had been replaced by a pornography site.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>The money game, which is still accessible at Moneyopolis.com, was produced by Ernst &amp; Young, the auditing and consulting company. An Ernst &amp; Young spokesman, Kenneth Kerrigan, said the company had learned this week that pornographic images had been posted at an alternate Web address for the site, Moneyopolis.org, which has been under new ownership since this summer.&quot;</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Read more:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/26/technology/26NET.html?todaysheadlines" TARGET="_blank">http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/26/technology/26NET.html?todaysheadlines</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE="Arial" SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000"> &lt;&lt;Pornography Takes Over Financial Site for Children.url&gt;&gt; </FONT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C15E20.21DEBA36--