public use computers inventory

Laura Jantek malj1 at nsh.library.ns.ca
Fri Nov 2 05:42:50 EST 2001

I would be interested in seeing how other libraries inventory information about all the public use computers in a  library system.  Do you collect by type; by branch; what sort of information do you try to control (e.g. what version of browser on each machine; consistency of plug-ins available, if multimedia, provenence of PC[was it a Gates computer for instance] etc.etc.  Who is responsible for updating and how is the information updated.

If anyone has any samples of how and what they collect I would appreciate seeing it and will post to list if folks seem interested.
thanks.
Laura Jantek                       ljantek at nsh.library.ns.ca
Virtual Library Manager      (902)490-5823
Halifax Regional Library     (902)490-5762(fax)
60 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B2Y 4P8