Free AV Software

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Fri Nov 30 11:31:19 EST 2001

> Our version was installed in April 2001 and expired in October 2001. I am
> not that big a fan of Norton AV anyway so it was no problem for me to
> uninstall it. CA InoculateIT PE is as good as NAV, uses less system
> resources and is free. Why would I pay for 20 licenses of NAV when I can
> have the same protection for free?

It was my understanding that the free version of InoculateIT is no longer
available for download and that only existing users will continue to get the
updates. Can someone confirm this.

Beyond that I've found AVG Anti-Virus
<http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.html> to work much better and it is
also free. The main benefit is that it updates itself, whereas you had to
manually initiate InoculateIT updates.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/
WWW Library Directory @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.
Stop those X10 ads 'till 2009 - click on
http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=3000