[WEB4LIB] Problem tracking software and customer support policies and procedures

Raymond Wood raywood at magma.ca
Mon Nov 5 11:35:42 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:15:44AM -0800, Michael C. Piper remarked:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> DALNET, the Detroit Area Library Network, is developing ways to respond more
> effectively to inquiries from our 22 member libraries.
>
> One strategy we're investigating is problem-tracking software such as Remedy
> Help Desk (www.remedy.com/solutions/ebis/itsm/datasheets/help_desk.htm). Do
> any list members have experience with applications such as this?

There are quite a few free 'help desk' or 'request tracking'
apps available for GNU/Linux.  See http://freshmeat.net to
search them down.

(My latest discovery, which may or may not be of interest in
this context, is PHProjekt - a very interesting web-based Project
Management application.  I believe it has a request tracker
component also...)

Raymond