Problem tracking software and customer support policies and procedures

Michael C. Piper aj0386 at wayne.edu
Mon Nov 5 11:19:00 EST 2001

Dear colleagues,

DALNET, the Detroit Area Library Network, is developing ways to respond more
effectively to inquiries from our 22 member libraries.

One strategy we're investigating is problem-tracking software such as Remedy
Help Desk (www.remedy.com/solutions/ebis/itsm/datasheets/help_desk.htm). Do
any list members have experience with applications such as this?

We're also looking at developing policies and procedures for our customer
service operation. Library consortium colleagues: does your customer support
unit have written policies or procedures you can send us?

Any help you can provide on these key topics will be appreciated. Thank you.
P.S. Posted on multiple lists; please excuse any duplication.

Michael Piper, Director
Detroit Area Library Network
Science and Engineering Library - Room 529
Wayne State University
Detroit MI 48202
313/577-4984
313/577-3615 (Fax)