[WEB4LIB] looking for help to kill virus

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Wed May 16 11:52:14 EDT 2001

> Norton AntiVirus discovers my pc is affected by "32.Badtrans.13312 at mm"
> virus, but it can not kill it. The virus is found in several files such as
> "hkkdll.dll" and "kern32.exe" at the directory of c:\windows\system.
> Currently the computer is working well. It seems that only MS-Outlook is
hit > by the virus. I'll appreicate it if some one on the list can tell me
how to
> remove the virus.

Check out these for more info:

   http://www.datafellows.com/v-descs/badtrans.shtml
   http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99069&

The McAfee site lists some steps for removal.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Department of Computing Services,