[WEB4LIB] academic web administration

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Mon May 14 18:59:10 EDT 2001

At 10:47 AM -0700 14/5/01, Tami-Jo M. Eckley wrote:
>  My main gripe in all of this "splash page" and college banner
>issue, is that they are forcing the library into being just a normal
>"department" of the college instead of the entity that it is.

I'm afraid that it is. The library as a separate entity is a
consequence of print technology. Electronically accessible
publications make the "library" ubiquitous.

Rather that pushing for for the library to be an isolated entity you
should be pushing for the library to have a presence on every course
page, and I don't mean links to the library's home page, I mean links
to content provided by the library relevant to that page.

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au