academic web administration

Tami-Jo M. Eckley eckleyt at mville.edu
Mon May 14 13:45:49 EDT 2001

Hi Again,
Is there any professional publication on the importance of the library's web presence.  My main gripe in all of this "splash page" and college banner issue, is that they are forcing the library into being just a normal "department" of the college instead of the entity that it is.  However, I have a heck of time getting administration to understand this - and I have really given up at this point but I did a quick search on the ALA website and other professional sites but have not yet found anything on the advocacy of the library's web presence.  Anyone know of something that might be useful?  Thanks.

--
Tami-Jo Eckley
Electronic Services & Media Librarian