[WEB4LIB] Compilations of online reference resources

P. F. (Pat) Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Thu Mar 29 13:16:43 EST 2001

For health queries only:

Frequently Asked Health Questions and How to Find the Answers
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/pro/articles/FAQs/

Also, for general questions:
Internet FAQ Consortium http://www.FAQs.org/

Pat Anderson, pfa at umich.edu

>I am looking for Web sites that offer compilations of free Web-based online
>"reference" resources that could be used by librarians to assist them in
>answering reference questions online.
>
>Here are two examples of the types of sites I am looking for:
>
>Librarians Index to the Internet (http://www.lii.org/)
>
>Gary Price's "Fast Facts" site
>(http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~gprice/handbook.htm)
>
>Can you recommend other good meta-sites to use for this purpose?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Bernie Sloan
>Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
>University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
>338 Henry Administration Building
>506 S. Wright Street
>Urbana, IL  61801
>Phone: (217) 333-4895
>Fax:     (217) 265-0454
>E-mail: bernies at uillinois.edu

P. F. (Pat) Anderson                  734/763-2953, voice
Dentistry Library, Univ. Michigan     734/764-4477, fax
1100 Dental Bldg.                     <mailto: pfa at umich.edu>
1011 North University Ave.    WWW: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/
Ann Arbor, Michigan           WWW: http://www.lib.umich.edu/dentlib/
48109-1078

"No educational institutions ... can assume to be well equipped for their
work without a good library and museum. The library should contain ...
the entire literature of all subjects and branches taught in a given
institution. Dental colleges should be no means be an exception in this
respect." Taft, J. Dental Register 47 (1893):105-114.