[WEB4LIB] Have folks run into this?

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Mar 27 09:35:23 EST 2001

> I was sent the following URL this mornging describing JavaScript bug in
> Netscape 6.  Have you folks seen it?
>
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/550220.asp?0na=2234140Y

I can confirm both that this is broken in Netscape 6.01 and fixed in the
just-released Mozilla 0.8.1.

Netscape 6.0 and 6.01 have been great disappointments, showing how
desparate Netscape was to get a new browser out the door.  The first
Netscape built on Mozilla 1.0, probably this summer, will be both stable
enough for daily use and current with web standards.

[Though I must say, predictions about Mozilla's completion are starting to
sound a lot like Bullwinkle saying, "Hey, Rock!  Watch me pull a rabbit
out of this hat!"]

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu