[WEB4LIB] mirror sites

Mark Pecaut pecautm at missouri.edu
Tue Mar 20 08:56:34 EST 2001

Depends on what you mean by `mirror'.  Do you want to provide a mirror
for an existing site in a different domain, similiar to the mirrors
for http://www.samba.org ?  Or do you have a very popular webserver
and you want to balance the load with another machine?  Or you want
to do something different?

If all you need to do is setup a mirror for another site, use a
program like rsync ( http://rsync.samba.org/ ) to syncronize
the content every hour or so and give your mirror an alias that is
meaningful. You don't need to do any DNS tricks here, just give
the main site the url to the mirrored content.

If this isn't what you want to do, please give more detail about
what you want to accomplish.

-Mark