[WEB4LIB] Re: Computers in Libraries

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Mon Mar 19 16:00:13 EST 2001

>I would like a techie only conference, or even just a meeting, some place
>where those of us who have been doing this for years and years and years
>can go and be challenged instead of bored ...

Let it not be forgot, that once there was such a congenial spot (IMNSHO):
the LITA National Conferences.

And we (they) couldn't make them cost-effective. (Partly the economics of
nonprofits, ALA, and accrual accounting, where "accrual" definitely rhymes
with "cruel".)

In my own limited experience (I don't get a lot of funding, so I mostly go
where I'm invited and paid for), the closest I've seen to the
"techie-dominated conference" is Access 'xx, (e.g., Access '99), a Canadian
conference.

-walt crawford, very old LITA hand-