[WEB4LIB] Re: E: Sort of an easy question - how to write a pa

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Fri Mar 2 07:57:23 EST 2001

At 8:52 AM -0800 28/2/01, Drew, Bill wrote:
>I would like to hear the answer to Thomas Dowling's question on why does the
>page that started this conversation  require use of tables and why do they
>have to be full screen?

NEVER force a table in page to be fullscreen as -

	1. The user might have other things to do with part of the screen
	2. You don't know the size of the screen used
	3. The browser might ignore pixel width instructions anyway.

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au