[WEB4LIB] Re: Feedback on Adobe GoLive 5.0

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Fri Mar 9 15:43:48 EST 2001

> I think PHP is really easy to learn, but you will have to
> write the pages yourself.  If you want to learn to use a
> GUI program that does the programming for you, I can't
> recommend anything.

I have to second this.  If your server doesn't already support PHP, there
are a couple of hoops to jump through to get Apache+PHP compiled and
installed, but a small bribe to your sysadmin should get that done.
Beyond that, I picked up a copy of _Beginning PHP4_ from Wrox Press and
had PHP-based pages talking to SQL databases in about half a day.  And
that included compiling and installing everything twice (whoops, that
should have been "--with-msql", not "--with-mysql").

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu