Outsourced web hosting

Anne Layton Rice annelaytonrice at ivillage.com
Tue Mar 6 16:26:14 EST 2001

Dear Web4libbers:

I read the lively, Nov. 99 Web4lib discussion re: outsourcing web hosting and/or design in the archives. Could we revisit the issue?

Our county's I.S. dept is recommending outsourcing web hosting for our library site, including PAC. We (i.e. library folk) are concerned about control, hop delays, and cost. Any pros/cons that you have experienced with outsourced web hosting? Any experience with Interland?

Thanks for your attention,
Anne Layton Rice
Monroe Co. Public Library
Key West, Florida