Question about Lowend solutions for managing urls

Karen L. MacDonell kmac at mls.cps.bc.ca
Tue Jun 26 11:54:39 EDT 2001

Dear Reed,

> As we are surfing the web doing research we regularly run across urls
we
> would like to save, sort and catalog both for a variety of uses
including
> sharing among colleagues and posting to the web.  Any
tips,suggestions,
> ideas that would be freeware,shareware or at least low cost would be
greatly
> appreciated.

.. the company Thoughtshare Communications has a program called PlanBee
(http://www.thoughtshare.com/products/planbee/index.jsp) that organizes
files, web pages, images, etc., in a visual way that allows you to work
along side your browser.  You can build relationships between URLs and
annotate them. That allows you to package a set of related documents,
web pages and the like for your own interest or as a reply to a patron's
reference question.

We've tested it out a bit here.  It's interesting.  Free to individuals,
costs for organizations.

Cheers,
Karen
--