[WEB4LIB] RE: Finding links to specific pages

gary price gprice at gwu.edu
Wed Jun 20 15:05:40 EDT 2001

Michael:
A couple of points in response to your e-mail.

1) Bernie is looking for pages that link to his page so the url: will not
prove of value in this particular situation.
The url search is useful when looking for specific words/phrases that may be
used in a url. Often, a good way to limit.

2) On the subject of url: search, Northern Light and Yahoo DO offer this
limiting device.

Specifically,
Northern Light
or use the advanced search page and fill in the box
http://www.northernlight.com/power.html

Yahoo:
Use a U: <terms> in the search box
See http://search.yahoo.com/search/syntax?p=

cheers,
gary
Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
Gary Price Research and Internet Consulting
Information Consultant, George Washington University
gprice at gwu.edu