CSICOP Library Now Online

Richard Prairie rick at email.uc.edu
Thu Jun 7 11:59:25 EDT 2001

Timothy Binga, Director of the Center for Inquiry Libraries, announced today
the opening of a new web site. This site, www.cfilibraries.org, is dedicated
to the missions of the Center for Inquiry Libraries and fulfills a promise to
make an Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) of the Libraries' holdings
available on the Internet.

"We have worked really hard on finding software that would allow us to make
our holdings available to everyone with an Internet connection" said Binga.
"Our new library system from Brodart Automation and Infovision Technologies
allows our holdings be updated daily and searchable on the World Wide Web."
Binga also said that they had constructed the web site around this library
software to make the Libraries more user-friendly.

"There are a few bugs to work out yet, " Binga added, "but the holdings are
searchable now and we feel it is ready to be used."

The Center for Inquiry Libraries contain the collections of both the
Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal
(CSICOP) and the Council for Secular Humanism. There are also collections of
archival material, periodicals, and microfilm / microforms.

For more information about the web site see www.cfilibraries.org or contact
Timothy Binga, Center for Inquiry Libraries, at (716) 636-4869 ext. 210 or at
tbinga at centerforinquiry.net.