Windows 2000 restrictions

Tom Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Fri Jun 1 16:53:49 EDT 2001

We are in the process of converting over from the Windows NT security
with the server System Policy Editor to Windows 2000 security with the
Active Directory etc..  The one thing we have not figured out how to do
yet is restrict access to the My Computer icon.

In Windows NT we were able to remove the C:\ drive acces using System
Policy editor, and are looking to do the same thing in 2000.  So far the
only thing we can find is a registry change on the client machines, not
a parameter in the server.

Have any of you that have set up Windows 2000 servers done anything like
that yet?
--
Tom Edelblute
Anaheim CA 92805         e-mail: thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us