'blank' printouts

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at TCCD.NET
Mon Jul 23 10:38:53 EDT 2001

(Cross posted to LIBNT and Web4Lib)
Here's a new one on me --
Printing fromIE5.5 over Windows2000 to an HP 2000

I have sporadic problem of getting blank printouts -
WELL -- not totally blank -
I get a header and footer -
rather than the name of the web site - as you would expect -
the footer shows the source as FILE E:\\XXXXXX.htm ( where the x'x are
seamingly random letters and numbers)
Oddly enough there is NO E: drive on these machines.
I'm guessing this is NOT a printer problem - because Print Preview shows
this same 'blank' page.

I noticed this first at sites that were running CGI scripts etc and blamed
it on the impliaction that nothing was being sent to us to print.
BUT -- today I had the same problem on a page I KNOW is just straight html
text.

ANY help will be appreciated.

Paul H. Gray
Library Manager, CLC and LRC LAN