[WEB4LIB] two little things

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Wed Jul 18 10:33:56 EDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Naess, Petter wrote:

> Forgive me if I'm off library limits here,  but I bet someone can help me
> with these two things (I couldn't find answers in MS's "Knowledge base") :
>
> 1. I recenctly switched from Netscape to IE. Netscape has a handy right
> mousebutton option called "copy link location", which makes copying urls
> from a webpage into a webpage editor or email a snap. I haven't figured out
> how to do this with Explorer - the closest I get is right clicking the link,
> selecting properties, and then cutting the url out of the properties window
> for subsequent pasting. Is there an easier way?

In IE5, if I point to a cross-reference and right-click, one of the options in
the popup menu is "Copy shortcut", which is, I think, what you're looking for.

> 2.  Some times I duck down to MS DOS (from Windows NT 4.0) to run various
> applications. How can I change the default drive in which MS DOS opens. I
> suspect it may have something to do with setting the homedrive, but haven't
> been able to figure out how its done (playing with the MS DOS shortcut
> options has been fruitless..)

Each icon and menu item has "properties" associated. One is the command line
to be run (the name of the program). Another is "Start in" or "Working" (your
terminology may very), which should set where you are logged to when the
window opens.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com