MetaFrame vs. Win2K

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Jan 23 09:59:31 EST 2001

We are looking at implementing terminals to replace some of our web
workstations.  In the past, it was recommended to use Citrix's MetaFrame with
Windows NT4 Terminal Server because MetaFrame included some functionality and
enhancements that Terminal Server did not provide.  Now that Terminal Server
capability has been incorporated into Windows2000 and has been improved, we
are wondering if there is still a need to use MetaFrame?  Is anyone familiar
with additional features that MetaFrame provides beyond what is incorporated
in Win2K?  We would be operating this over both a LAN and WAN environment
primarily for web access.

Thank you!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician