Job posting: TexShare Coordinator, Austin, Texas

Michael Piper mpiper at tsl.state.tx.us
Mon Jan 8 17:35:26 EST 2001

Position yourself for leadership

Looking to position yourself for leadership in a library consortium or state
library agency? Then we have the job for you.

As Coordinator of our TexShare consortium, you'll work with academic and
public library colleagues across Texas to develop online database services,
reciprocal borrowing and courier delivery, and the TexShare Web site
(www.texshare.edu). You'll also help us implement the Library of Texas, our
5-year, $44 million digital library initiative (www.tsl.state.tx.us/lot/).

Best of all, you'll live, work and play in Austin, one of the top-ranked
cities in the US. America's live music capitol, Austin boasts a booming
high-tech economy, attractive recreational opportunities, plenty of
year-round sunshine, mild winters, and no state income tax.

After only 18 months on the job, the previous incumbent in this position
advanced to a leadership post here in the Texas State Library and Archives
Commission. Now you can advance your career too. If you share our commitment
to building state-of-the-art, customer-focused resource sharing services,
this job's for you. Bring us your energy and ideas, and we'll help you
advance your career.

Beginning salary range: $3,111 - $3,323/month. Review our Web site for a
position description and application procedures
(www.tsl.state.tx.us/jobs/job16.html). This position is open until filled.
Refer questions about this posting to Vanessa Siordia in the Texas State
Library's Human Resources Office (vsiordia at tsl.state.tx.us)
<mailto:vsiordia at tsl.state.tx.us)> .

[Note: this announcement is cross-posted. Please excuse any duplication.]

Michael Piper, Division Director
Library Resource Sharing
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Box 12927
Austin TX 78711-2927
512/463-7402
512/936-2306 (Fax)