[WEB4LIB] link checker software

William Frost wfrost at husky.bloomu.edu
Tue Jan 9 08:58:34 EST 2001

Perhaps I've missed mention of this resource in the link checker thread, but I've found http://validator.w3.org/checklink to be most helpful, and it is free.  The only drawback is that you can feed it the URL of only one page of links at a time.

William J. Frost, Webmaster
Harvey A. Andruss Library
Bloomsburg University
Bloomsburg, PA  17815

>>> "Karen L. MacDonell" <kmac at mls.cps.bc.ca> - 1/8/01 11:55 AM >>>
Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on link checker software that reports not
just the broken (re-directed, etc.) links on a site but also reports the
text in the web page associated with that broken link. For example, if
the link http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/ was embedded in a page and was
associated with the text "Sun Site", both the URL and "Sun Site" would
be reported if the link was broken.

I'm interested in software compatible with Windows NT or 2000.

Thanks,
Karen
--
Karen L. MacDonell, Ph.D.