DCMA australian style

Dobbs, Aaron DobbsA at apsu.edu
Wed Feb 28 18:09:07 EST 2001

>From a techie forum I follow off & on:

Posted by timothy <http://www.monkey.org/~timothy> on 02:54 AM February
28th, 2001
from the recriminalizing-australia dept.
"According to this article
<http://www.it.fairfax.com.au/e-commerce/20010226/A25226-2001Feb26.html>,
our government snuck a little copyright law in under our noses. It just
seems like a big moshpit of crap. Incidental copies of data, ie from an ISP,
for transmission are ok, but deliberate copies (including proxy caches) are
not." Also, "Libraries will have exemptions similar to the ones they already
hold for distributing information but they will not be able to build up
searchable collections, or provide material in competition with commercial
providers." (Imagine if they applied that standard to books, too!)

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/02/28/0243227&mode=thread

-Aaron
:-)

"Pear Pimples for Hairy Fishnuts?"