Free message boards shutting down

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at ansernet.rcls.org
Wed Feb 21 07:20:11 EST 2001

This may be tangential to the concerns of this list, but one of the major web-based message board services will be shutting down on 3/5: InsideTheWeb, owned by LookSmart (the directory service), http://www.insidetheweb.com/

So, at the same time we can hope that Google will do justice to Usenet archive searching--Poof!!--here goes a major archive. [Yes, including my message board devoted to reclusive World Fantasy Award novelist Barry Hughart.]

Maybe the next big thing, at least for the commercial Internet sector, will be survival.

--
Jerry Kuntz
Electronic Resources Consultant
jkuntz at rcls.org