[WEB4LIB] IE5 favorites lock down

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Feb 6 16:03:54 EST 2001

Eric,

>From regedit.com [ http://www.regedit.com/ ] :

NoFavorites - Disable the Favorites.
http://registry.winguides.com/display.php/442/

For anyone planning on rolling out Internet Explorer 5.x in an organization, I would
highly recommend looking at the Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK).  IEAK
allows you to customize IE, including many security restrictions, and then deploy this
build across your organization. More info. on IEAK is available here:

IEAK Corporate Home Page
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ieak/en/corp/

Corporate Deployment Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ieak/en/deploy/Corp/default.ASP