[WEB4LIB] Re:Digital Divide (was Re: RE: Questia: who is behind

Tom Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Mon Feb 5 12:56:47 EST 2001

All right you accademinc, its time for someone from the public library
sector to put their two cents in.

Here in Anaheim, 82% of the children that go to school within the
Anaheim School District live below the poverty line.  They come to the
public library to complete their school assignments because they do not
have a computer at home.

So don't tell me that the digital divide is a First World vs. Third
World issue, we have it right here in Southern California.
--
Tom Edelblute
Anaheim CA 92805         e-mail: thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us