Library Database Advisors

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Thu Dec 27 17:07:05 EST 2001

                             _Library Database Advisors_

    I am greatly interested in learning about libraries that offer users access to
web-based Database Advisors. I would characterize a Database Advisor as a basic (or advanced) automated system that provide users with recommendations for  resources most appropriate for meeting an information need. [These would also include the 'expert systems' of yesteryear]

   An *excellent example* of a Database Advisor is the _Database Advisor_ offered by the Science & Engineering Library of the University of California, San Diego

                   [ http://scilib.ucsd.edu/Proj/dba_public/ ]

NOTE: Full access to this Database Advisory is limited to the UCSD community.

   As Always, Any AND All recommendations, suggestions, contributions, queries, questions, comments, critiques, etc. are Most Welcome!

   Season's Greetings!

Gerry  McKiernan
Advised Librarian
Iowa State University