Library Web Page Use

Eileen Lutzow elutzow at csuniv.edu
Tue Dec 11 09:24:12 EST 2001

On 10 Dec 01, at 13:50, Craighton Hippenhammer wrote:

> It all depends on how high up in the heirarchy of Web pages you want to
> put yourself. The higher up you are, the more they care.

Where are your faculty and current students during this argument?
This is where your pre-existing standing in the university comes into
play.  If the faculty and students already care about you, they will
care where you are located on the campus home page, but your
location on the home page won't make them care about you if they
don't already.  When our university redesigned the home page
recently, the webmaster buried the library three levels down.  When
I saw it and mentioned the problem, she said that several faculty
had already complained about not being able to find a link to the
library.  By the time I spoke to her, the webmaster was already
redesigning the page, and the library now is prominently located on
the campus home page.  Surely you have some faculty with
influence who will speak up on the library's behalf.

Eileen Lutzow