[WEB4LIB] Desktop icons

jfruit at nslsilus.org jfruit at nslsilus.org
Tue Dec 4 14:16:38 EST 2001

Hi!

There are a couple things you can do.  If you have Micro$of'ts nifty
little utility Tweakui installed, an option under the repair tab (I
think) will allow you to repair the icons.

There are a couple other ways to deal with this problem.  I found this
following on a usenet group describing how to do it:

"Sounds like you need to refresh your icon cache.I can suggest 2 methods
for rebuilding your icon cache.

"1. Open display properties, go to the Appearance tab, select Icon in the
drop down list, change the size by a few increments, hit apply, resize to
original setting, hit okay.

"2. Another way is to delete the file called ShellIconCache (in WINNT
folder I think) and reboot. ShellIconCache will be rebuilt."

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&frame=right&th=4ff109ec4b10c7e6&seekm=u82v29aU%24GA.274%40cppssbbsa05#link3

Good luck,

John