Information on structure of anIT/IS department

Joanne Weyman jweyman at tzu-chi.bc.ca
Wed Aug 15 15:11:15 EDT 2001

I work for a small not-for-profit organization and we are currently assessing our IS/IT needs.  I need to find out what positions make up a typical IT department (including management)  i.e. what staff works in this type department  and what the structure of the department is.  Also, what the job descriptions would be i.e. areas of responsibility.

If anyone would be willing to share this information with me or to point me towards a good source where I could find this information I would be most grateful.

You can reply off-list to me at:

Learn about our upcoming Art & Science of Healing Conference II at:
http://www.tzu-chi.bc.ca/conference.htm
*******************************************************************************************************************************************
Joanne Weyman
Library Technician
Tzu Chi Institute for Complementary and
Alternative Medicine
767 W 12th Ave
Vancouver, BC   V5Z 1M9
Phone:(604) 875-5666 x66702 - Direct Line
Phone: (604) 875-4769 - Clinic Switchboard
Fax:(604) 875-4776
E-mail:jweyman at tzu-chi.bc.ca
Visit our Web site at: http://www.tzu-chi.bc.ca
Affiliate partner of the Canadian Health Network http://www.canadian-health-network.ca