[WEB4LIB] RE: Floppy disks in the Library

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Wed Aug 1 12:09:15 EDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Masters, Gary E wrote:

> I once asked a person who had done that (my attitude mush have shown)
> because she got quite angry.  "That is exactly how I put a CD in my car's
> player."  My lesson was that people have a reason for what ever they do -
> however strange it may seem to you.  If you can learn that reason, it is
> easier to change their behavior.

Exactly so! Reminds me of another "dumb user" story that was floating around
the Internet. Seems a new user set the mouse on the floor and put a foot on
it. I recounted that in several venues, finally to my mother, who said, "Just
like a sewing machine." I'd-a-never thought of that!

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com