[WEB4LIB] Need list of HTML Editors that "remove spurious characters"

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Thu Aug 30 11:36:45 EDT 2001

Dreamweaver 4 has a feature that allows you to remove Microsoft Word
code from a document saved as HTML. This can result in a much smaller
html document than you would get if you used the almost brain-dead
method of saving a Word document to HTML.

This doesn't address hidden ascii characters, but is a really nice
feature if you have alot of Word documents that have been saved to HTML
and you want to edit them and use Style Sheets.

Christopher Adams
Oregon State Library

-