[WEB4LIB] keyboard shortcut (redeaux)

Dobbs, Aaron DobbsA at apsu.edu
Wed Aug 29 14:44:28 EDT 2001

Whoops,

Here's a few others I meant to include:

To launch Explorer, press Windows-E.
To open Find, press Windows-F.
To minimize all windows, press Windows-M (Shift-Windows-M undoes this).
To open the Run dialog box, press Windows-R.
To launch Windows Help, press Windows-F1.
To cycle through taskbar buttons, press Windows-Tab.
To open the System Properties dialog box (say, when you want to get to
Device Manager), press Windows-Break.

****
Don't have a Windows key? No problem -- you can trick your PC into thinking
you do, using the Keyboard Remap Kernel Toy, a free utility from Microsoft.
Start by downloading the file from FileWorld (link below). Then move
krnltoys.exe to a temporary, empty folder. Double-click the file, and it
unpacks several files to your temporary folder. Right-click keyremap.inf and
select Install.

Now open the Control Panel, double-click Keyboard, and select the Remap tab.
Under Right-Hand Side, select the key you want to designate as the Windows
key -- such as Right Alt -- in the left box. Then, in the right box, select
Windows. Click OK.
****

I got all the above from C|NET a while back

also try this link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22windows+key%22+shortcut+maximize

which googles: "windows key" shortcut maximize

-Aaron
:-)'