FW: [LibWireless] wireless glossary?

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Aug 29 12:53:36 EDT 2001

As a result of evaluations of a workshop I did in Ithaca, NY a couple of
weeks ago,  I find I need to create a short glossary of terms to include in
the handouts.  Being a bit too close to the information on wireless, what
terms or definitions would be needed by someone new to the idea of wireless
in libraries?  Are there any good examples out there?  I need ideas for this
ASAP, please.  I have started compiling a list of terms.  I also need a
source to look those terms up in that I could freely use the definitions
simply by crediting the source.  Is there such a place?
I will make it available as part of the wireless librarian
website.  Thanks in advance.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu <mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu>
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/ <http://billdrew.net/>
Not Just Cows: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
<http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/>
Library: http://www.morrisville.edu/library/
<http://www.morrisville.edu/library/>
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
<http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/>
Have Laptop -- Will Travel.
"You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass
the guilty." -Jessica Mitford (1917-1996)