[WEB4LIB] Re: New Member also Mac vs. PC

Avi Rappoport avirr at LanMinds.Com
Mon Aug 27 13:54:42 EDT 2001

I used to work on Mac web servers (WebSTAR to be exact) and have
opinions, as usual ;-)

A lot depends on whether the web site is static or dynamic.  If it's
a static site, either Mac or PC should be fine for authoring, though
you should absolutely do checks on both platforms and several browser
versions on each.   If the site uses a database back end, such as
FileMaker, or any other special dynamic features, you're much better
off using the same platform to avoid problems with line endings, file
names and other technical minutiae.

Best of luck,

Avi