[WEB4LIB] Re: sanserif font for all browsers

Marc Truitt mtruitt at nd.edu
Mon Aug 27 12:22:16 EDT 2001

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org wrote [in part] :

> Joan,

[deletia]

> I'd particularly argue that point if there's any significant amount of
> text, given the inferior readability of sans.

[deleted to end]

Hi Walt,

This is an interesting observation.  Although I do follow this list, I
confess that I'm not enough of a web guru to know whether or not the
'inferior readability of sans' is established fact.  Can you please
elaborate?

Speaking _only_ for myself, I find sans serif fonts far easier on the
eye than those with serifs.

thanks,

- mt

Marc Truitt
Head
Library Systems Department
213 Hesburgh Library
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5629

Voice  : 219-631-3409
Fax    : 219-631-6772
e-mail : mtruitt at nd.edu
cell   : 219-276-8726

"Librarians are different.  You just have to get over it, and move
on..."
                         -- James Steenbergen