Netscape Blues

Michael Dargan darganm at maple.iren.net
Thu Aug 16 11:27:27 EDT 2001

Several times in the last month I've run into the following problem:
Netscape 4.73, when launched, doesn't offer an opportunity to choose and
existing profile but instead demands that new profile be created.  If a
new profile is created the browser doesn't come up.

I've tried reinstalling 4.73, have upgraded to 4.78, have uninstalled and
reinstalled, uninstalled and removed every registry entry that refers to
either Netscape or Mozilla but still am unable to get the browser up.

The only way I've been able to resolve the problem thus far has been to
format and reinstall.  Does anyone have a simpler solution?

Thanks.

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701