[WEB4LIB] Windows CE emulator

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Wed Apr 25 13:51:45 EDT 2001

> This summer our campus will be experimenting with wireless Pocket PCs.  I
am
> looking for a Windows CE emulator to run on my laptop so I can get an idea
> of how functional our current website and web based resources will be.
Also
> where could I find at least a browser for the web that would emulate IE on
> Windows CE?  Need ASAP.

The Microsoft site states that hte Windows CE Toolkit for Visual Basic
includes a Windows CE emulator.

Also, check out this from the MSDN Online Magazine (Jan 2001):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/CETools/CETools.asp

It mentions eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 which includes a WinCE emulator.
eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 is included with Microsoft Windows CE Platform
Builder 3.0.  See here for details:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/embedded/ce/tools/default.asp

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca