cross database searching

Brian Cockburn cockbuba at jmu.edu
Wed Apr 25 09:02:16 EDT 2001

Has anyone in an academic setting primarily, (but anyone in general) done
any research or surveys that indicates user’s preferences regarding systems
that allow cross-database searching.  We are looking at developing a system
where user’s can enter terms in a single form and search across multiple
subscribed journal indices.  some feel that users would appreciate and value
this, others feel that would not be too terribly useful for academic users
(undergrads are mostly who we are targeting here).  Just looking to see if
anyone has anything other than intuition on this.

BAC

Brian Cockburn
Digital Services Librarian
James Madison University